Monday, October 8, 2018

Too much conference!

This got kind of pushed off yo the very last, so I don't have much time! So I'm jumping right in!

This week we went up to Örnsköldsvik and then up to Umeå for Zone Conference! It was a really good one and I honestly learned a ton. What was really interesting is that some of the specific things talked about were also talked about in General Conference. It was good!

We had General Conference! I've now seen all the sessions except for one, and they've been amazing so far! I love the change to hear from living Apostles at this time! I especially loved the promise made by President Nelson at the end of his talk on Sunday morning. He promised that if we strive to change how we refer to the church, that more places will be opened up to learning about the gospel and we will be able to better help th2 Lord's work. This is the church of Jesus Christ. It is amazing to see his hand leading it!

One amazing teaching miracle is that we had our first lesson with a woman and her 3 little daughter last week and will be coming again this week! It was a tender experience to testify to them about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. There is power in the story of Joseph Smith and especially his own words as he describes his heavenly experience. I felt strongly as I spoke Joseph Smith's words that they were true, that he truly did see God the Father and Jesus Christ.

I wish you all a good week!


Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...