Monday, August 12, 2019

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a train to Stockholm, on Wednesday my group and I will go to the temple (My first time in 22 months), and then on Thursday (my 20th birthday) I fly home. I wanted to end with my testimony and some thoughts.

I have repeatedly felt of God's love and watchfulness throughout my missionary service. It is a wonderful thing to pray and feel His peace every night. I believe in the power of prayer and have relieved many small and specific answers to my prayers.

I have seen how faith in Jesus Christ bring peace and joy into lives. Seeing people change and a light come into their lives is one of the sweetest things I've experienced as a missionary.

There are many experiences, some exciting and adventurous, others tender and spiritual, that I could share but I think I'll keep this short. I am so grateful for this chance I had to be a missionary! I've met many amazing people, seen incredible examples of faith and diligence among the members here, and loved serving among the people of Sweden.

I've read that the entire mission of the church is to help people come unto Christ, whether it be through missionary work, helping members make and keep covanents, or doing work for the dead. It has been a special experience to have that as my personal mission everyday. I want to end with a final invitation to you. I invite you to make a change (or changes, if necessary) to come closer to Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Christ, and there is nothing more important for each and every one of us than to individually come to Him.

Thank you for following me along this journey!


Elder Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...