Monday, August 5, 2019

Last full week

Well, today marks the first day of my last full week as a missionary. What a mixture of emotions! This last week was a really great one though.

I had my last zone conference this last Thursday and it was good to get to see a lot of people I know as well as give my last testimony at a zone conference. Our mission President is inspired and I love the chance to feel the spirit strongly there.

We went out with a less active member and his little son this last week and picked berries out in the forest! It was a beautiful morning and we had a really great opportunity to get to know the member a lot better. We also found and ate blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries which was really fun!

Things have gone really well with those we teach! We have someone really positive that came to church on Sunday and they had a really great church experience. Things are going well here in Kungsbacka!

We do service for a group that is similar to DI each week. People donate things and then they are sold second hand, and the profits go to helping different projects in 3rd world countries. This week we helped to fill up a giant truck full of clothes, furniture, and other things like toys that couldn't get sold here, so they are being shipped to where they can help people. The truck we filled was headed to Estonia I believe. But it was some great service and we got a lot done!

Recently I've been reminded time after time the importance of doing some simple things, such as reading in the scriptured and praying daily, and partaking of the sacrament. I know there is a depth and meaning that comes into human lives as we do so. There is more peace and joy and reasurrance available to everyone through those small actions. Keep doing so, and if you're not doing them now, then start! It makes all the difference.

I hope you all have a great week!


Elder Nelson





Here are the berries, the empty truck before we started, and where we took cover for a few minutes when it started raining like crazy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...