Monday, October 15, 2018

Autumn is well underway

It has been a great week in Sundsvall! The transfer comes up this weekend, so we'll see if I'm sticking around here! It has been a really nice week though, with lots of teaching and a bit warmer weather than we'd had the last couple of weeks. We see many blessings and miracles!

This week we were able to finish up watching General Conference, and it was really good! I'm excited for the 12 new temples! There were some amazing talks and conference definitely has increased my testimony in living prophets and apostles. They really do receive guidance and revelation for us today!

On Tuesday of this week we took another train up to UmeƄ and had exchanges with the Elders there. Norrland us so beautiful this time of the year! There are just thousands and thousands of trees that are mixed with evergreens and yellow leaved trees. And the Elders up there said that they had seen the northern lights just a few days before! I'm way jealous because I haven't seen them yet! But the actual exchanges went really well!

I have thought a lot about President Nelson's talk from general conference more this week. We've been working really hard to refer to the church and members of it in the right way and have seen lots of success! Every time someone asks if we are Mormons, it leads to a teaching opportunity to explain more about the church. You can explain that the church really is the Church of Jesus Christ restored to the earth and that it is Christ who leads it. It has been a good way to just begin teaching on the spot and to bear testimony of truth. I'd encourage everyone to take chances like that and make them into missionary opportunities.

Have a wonderful week!


Elder Nelson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...