Thursday, October 5, 2017

Så lite tid till Sverige!

Hello everyone!

To start off this letter, I want to say that I have my travel plans! I officially leave for Sweden in 4 days. I have to report to the MTC travel office at 4:50 am on Monday morning the 9th. Which is so soon! Our flight leaves around 10:00 that morning and then we will arrive in Sweden 8:50 the following morning, October 10th. It's going to be a long day of flying and everything else, but I'll actually be in Sweden in no time! It still doesn't feel real!!!

General Conference this weekend was amazing! I loved the opportunity to listen to all the Apostles and General Authorities. Sitting on hard seats in an auditorium for 10 hours was not exactly ideal, but I still really enjoyed conference. I think my favorite talk from General Conference was Jefferey R Holland's. It was a beautiful talk that made me feel like everything would be ok as long as I continue to trust in God and try my best. It was an awesome message!

Another really cool thing that happened this week was that the General Young Woman's President, Bonnie L. Oscarson, came and spoke to us for a devotional on Tuesday night. It was awesome because it turns out that her husband and her served together as Mission president and wife in a mission in Sweden! So they told all the missionaries a lot of stories about their time there and experiences they had. And it was also cool because she asked the Swedish missionaries to stand up, and that was pretty awesome. It made me even more excited to go to Sweden!

Another experience this week that was pretty powerful was that me and my companions had the opportunity to Skype with a member in Sweden, talk with them, and teach a lesson. I use the term "talk" pretty loosely because 1) We don't speak good Swedish, and 2) The member's microphone was broken so she could hear us but we couldn't hear her. But even with those barriers we were still able to have a good discussion and lesson because we could talk to her and she would quickly type responses back to us. It was really cool!

That's just about it for this week. Next time I write I'll be in Sweden!

Until next time,
Elder Nelson

Kämpa på!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...