Thursday, September 28, 2017

It's been a month!

It has now been a month in the MTC, which is both awesome and crazy to think about! Alongside just learning language and other everyday stuff this week, I got to help with a couple other awesome things. This week I got to help put up all the flags (The MTC has somethings like 30-40 flagpoles that they rotate countries flags through) and it was really fun! And it was one of my prouder moments when I got to raise the Swedish and United States flags. It was pretty cold because it was 6:30 in the morning and I was outside the whole time, but it was cool!

I also had the opportunity to host new missionaries this week. That means that I was the missionary who helped take new missionaries into the MTC, get all of their stuff, and take them to class. I've been wanting to do it for a while so I was super pumped when I heard they had asked our district to do it. I got to welcome and show around 3 new missionaries over the course of 1.5 hours or so. It was funny to consider how "old" and experienced I felt compared to the new missionaries that are coming in even though I've only been here a month. But it was a really good experience, and hopefully I didn't freak them out or anything!

That's most of the exciting stuff that's happened for me. Besides that I've just been in the normal schedule of language learning and prepping/studying for lessons. The language is actually coming along pretty well, and tomorrow I should recieve my flight plans. It's only a week and a half left until I enter the country! It will be here so soon!

Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...