Monday, April 29, 2019

I thought we had a creepy stalker

I can't believe it's already almost May! But what that means is that tomorrow on the 30th it's Valborg in Sweden. Pretty much it's a holiday where you make a giant fire and burn lots of stuff. I'll make sure to send pictures next week!

This week had been a little bit of a different one. So we spend several hours cleaning the old apartment we used to live in with a senior couple from Stockholm who came down to help us do the finishing touches. But we also got to go to Halmstad to do a baptismal interview of someone bring taught there who'll be getting baptised next week. I'm excited for them!

Another interesting turn of events is that me and my companion are temporarily off sugar. We were teaching someone who is doing really well but was having a hard time understanding and keeping the Word of Wisom so we told them we'd go off sugar if they go off coffee. That way they're not the only one quitting something hard and they can be accountable to us. So that's been fun so far!

Funny story time! So Elder Merrell and I were headed home one evening and were talking while waiting for our bus to come. We were close to the road and behind and to the side of us was a glass walled bus stop waiting place. As we were talking someone on the other side of the glass caught my attention because he was staring at me. When I looked at him, he lifted up his phone towards me and showed me Elder Merrell's Facebook. I was way confused and a little worried how this stranger I'd never met had his Facebook! Kinda scary and surreal! Then to make it worse he pulled up my Facebook and showed me that one as well just through the glass without saying anything! So I just walked over to the other side of the bus stop and talked to him. He turned out to be an inactive member that we'd recently heard about and added as a friend on Facebook but had never accepted. But then when he saw us on the street he recognized us! So now we have some contact with him. It was a pretty strange experience but a really lucky miracle actually!

Recently there has been a video produced by the church I'd encourage you to watched. It has a powerful message and relates a lot to what has been mentioned about social media and just phone use during past general conferences. Take a few minutes and check it out (click here)!


Have a fantastic week!


Elder Nelson

Also, I'll attach a picture from last year's Valborg just so you can see.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...