Monday, July 8, 2019

Svung

Oh wow, what a week! It has been a pretty packed week with lots to do! Here are some of the main highlights.

Firstly, I had to get all moved out of Helsingborg and on over to Kungsbacka. It was really sad to be saying goodbye to the people and city I'd been with for almost 6 months! Helsingborg is a fantastic place! On Wednesday morning (after a slight train delay) I hopped on a train heading up the Western coast of Sweden and traveled almost all the way to Gothenberg. It was a fairly smooth travel and transfer except for one of my bags has now almost officially died for good. Haha, I hope it'll live long enough to be able to take me back to the States! But it has been great here in Kungsbacka so far!

A main highlight of the week definitely came on Thursday. Almost all the missionaries in the Gotherburg zone were invited to come to Alingsås and help out with Svung. Svung in essentially a nationwide version of youth conference where they rent out a school and all the youth in Sweden come together and have activities for several days. We got to visit there and go out with the youth in groups and do lots of different kinds of service to the people in the city (such as giving flowers to people, taking cookies to the police station, helping people pack up groceries, giving stuffed animals to kids on the street, and so on). It was great to be out doing service with them and to strengthen them! One of the best parts to me was being able to see youth from all 5 of my previous areas there. It felt so good to see them all!

There is a lot I could talk about, but I want to end talking about one specific thing. Before leaving Helsingborg I was able to visit several members and people we had taught. In the process of doing this we got the opportunity to visit a man that is being taught and teach him one last time. At the end of the lesson he asked us to give him a blessing (we had taught him about that the previous week) so we gave him one. It was such an amazing blessing from God that I had been able to see how far this person had come and really feel the joy of this work. God cares about His children.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great week!



Elder Nelson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...