Monday, July 15, 2019

Gothia Cup

Wow, the week has just flown by. And they don't stop going fast! It has been a good and busy one. But here are a few quick highlights!

This week we were able to have a stake picnic activity in our area. We went to a cool castle by the oceanside and ate some good food. The best part about it all was that I got to see a lot of members I had once known when I was in Västra Frölunda. It was really fun!

The second highlight also has to do with a dinner we had. On Sunday we had dinner with a member and his family. What made this dinner special had to do with the dad. The father in the family is a relatively famous singer in Sweden. He and his brothers won the Eurovision music competition quite a while back (a big international singing competition that takes place every year with most European countries as well as others. It's pretty famous, you can look it up)! His name is Louis Herrey and he's an awesome solid member here. It was cool to meet a famous person (famous in Sweden at least)!

Otherwise we were teaching several lessons, doing a bit of service, and finding people. One of the highlight lessons was someone we taught while tracting that lived in a beautiful house way up on a hillside overlooking the ocean. It was pretty awe inspiring! Things are going well with the work.

This last week I was looking under General Conference in the Gospel library app and found a section called missionary work that has over 300 talks. I started at the earliest talks given and read several of them from the 1970s. It was inspiring to hear some of the missionary stories shared! And it reminded me of some of the amazing experiences I've been able to have as a missionary in Sweden. I just want to say that I am grateful for this opportunity and have been really blessed by it!

I hope everyone has a really great week!


Elder Nelson


Oh, we also have a thing in Kungsbacka called Gothia Cup which is the world's largest tournament for youth soccer, so that's cool too! We've seen teams from Brazil, Spain, Thailand, and a few other countries as well as Sweden. It's pretty sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...