Monday, July 22, 2019

Running stairs

It has been a good week and the days just flew by!

So on Tuesday we decided to accomplish a goal of Elder Udeji's and get some good excercise, so we got up at 5am and hopped on the train to Kungsbacka. Right next to the church there is a water tower type building on the top of a large hill and a lot of stairs leafing up to it. 185 stairs to be exact. So, we went there and ran up and down those stairs a couple of times with a member in the ward. It was beautiful up there and some good excercise, but it destroyed my legs haha! We're hoping to go do it again tomorrow!

Gothia Cup was last week and we kept seeing foreign teams which was interesting. We asked someone how many teams had come to play, and we were told it was 1686 teams!

Besides that we had interviews with President, played soccer with a lot of people, started teaching some new people, and met someone that looked a lot like President Nelson as we were out knocking. Lots of good things!

I want to end this just by talking about a scripture that stood out to me this week. In a companionship study while on exchanges we thought about some good answers for people that casually believe in spirits and that stuff but not God. We eventually started talking with each other about coming to know the Creator. I read in Acts 17 where Paul teaches the Athenians and says,

"For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To the Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you."

The amazing thing about the Gospel is that we know who God is and how to come to know the creator. Continue to take the time to do so, it really makes a difference.


Elder Nelson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...