Monday, October 22, 2018

Capoeira and moving to Västra Frölunda!

It's been a really good last week in Sundsvall! We received transfer calls yesterday and I will be taking a plan down to serve in Västra Förlunda on Wednesday. It's in Göteborg (Gothenberg in English) which is down South and on the West coast of Sweden. I'm way excited to go down there!! I've heard great things about the city and the ward down there. But I will really miss Sundsvall! It is a beautiful city and I've loved the chance I've had to work here and get to know the branch members!

This week we had a member teach us Capoeira, which is Brazilian Dance fighting martial arts! That was way fun but it wiped me out!! But now I can do sweet kicks and stuff, so don't mess with me now! It was also one of the Sister missionary's birthday here on Thursday so we had a party for them with the youth and YSAs. It was super fun!

We've seen some amazing miracles this week! The first one is that when we were teaching a Swedish man named Mikael who I've taught for a while. As we were wrapping up his lesson, I just bore testimony to his, asked him to be baptized, and we were able to set up a date. It is sad that I will be long gone when he's baptized, but it was exciting nonetheless! Besides that, we've have the chance to teach a lot and it has been really great! I'll miss this place!

Well, not a ton more out of the ordinary happened this week except we had church in a city called Hudiksvall with 3 members who live there and an investigator. It went really well and I had the opportunity to speak there. It was a good experience!

I spoke in Hudiksvall about the Restoration, and what it really means. The Restoration isn't just a so for event, but a process that is still continuing. It is amazing that we have a living prophet today and that we still receive revelation! I think it is important to remember that our church is living and what that really means! It really is a marvellous work.

Anyways, I'm excited to see what the week has in store! I hope you all have a great week as well!


Elder Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...