Monday, October 1, 2018

Spooky October

Hello friends and family!

It has been another good week in Sundsvall! Sadly a colder one, but good nonetheless! I think we dropped down to 0 C (32 F) for the first time this week. Oh no, winter is coming soon! But is really has been a good week!

We ate moose! A member had us over for dinner and the main course was moose, and it was really tasty! Haha, she said that her brother had hunted it and given it to her, and we are some of it. There's something to check off my Sweden bucket list!

This week we also had dinner with a member who made us food from Iraq. It was tasty but he gave us way too much to eat! He had cooked us a 2.5 kilo fish with a ton of veggies and mysterious things on top of it haha! And we ate all of it. It's been a digestive adventure with the foods I've eaten this week!

We also have focused a lot of family history in out branch recently and I've learned all about how to help people we're teaching start to do family history work. It was really fun actually! I can now use the old Swedish Church books to look back in people's lines really far. It's interesting stuff! It reminded me how important it is to find our ancestors. Not only is it a good way to invite others to take a step closer to the church, but it is a good way to come closer to our own families. By doing our own family history work I know we can see the Lord's hand in our lives.

God does direct and guide his work. We see miracles here everyday and the Lord's hand is apparent. The Gospel is good!

Have a wonderful week everyone!


Elder Nelson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...