Monday, September 3, 2018

It's now been over a year

This last week, on August 30th, I hit my 1 year mark of being a missionary. It is hard to imagine that I've been a missionary for that long! It has been an amazing year serving in Sweden; I've loved serving here, learning here, and teaching here.

In upcoming news, my companion will be leaving for home next week! This coming weekend I'll found out who my new companion will be. It's pretty exciting but sad to see my companion heading home!

This week has been a really good one though! We were able to teach a lot, and it has been really enjoyable! We've been really blessed with people to teach these last few weeks. An interesting person we've started to meet was someone that we met on the way home from our zone conference in Umeå. It was a 3 hour train ride, and we talked to this guy for the whole time. It was really cool! We answered a ton of his questions and were able to teach him about the restoration. We ended up by getting his facebook and meeting him again on Thursday, this time with his friend. It has been amazing to see how people are placed in our way, prepared to meet and learn about the gospel. This work is God's work!

This coming Saturday out branch will be having a Surströmming eating activity. It is fish (herring) that is pickled, left to rot/ferment, and in a can. It apparently smells horrible and tastes suuuper salty. So if you don't get an email from me next week, it's because I didn't survive!

Have a wonderful week everyone!


Elder Nelson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...