Monday, February 26, 2018

It's already almost March!

Not gonna lie, this month has felt like it has flown by! It's nearly March, which means that Spring is around the corner. Haha, it doesn't feel like it when I'm outside, but I believe that it is coming! It still feels like winter is in full swing. It snowed a good amount more, and it has been getting pretty cold everyday. However, it is staying lighter for longer now, and that does feel really nice! But yeah, this week has been really good and we saw some really cool miracles!

Earlier this last week, Tuesday I think, we had been tracting for a while. I was trying to keep a good attitude, but it has been a really long day with not much progressing. And we now had been tracting for a long time, it was cold, it was dark, and we hadn't had any success. We then knocked on the last door that we were going to do before we could go back to the apartment and call some people and have dinner. So we knocked on the door and a woman answered who wasn't very interested. But we kept on talking to her about a random topic, I think some kind of service she had done. And eventually she invited us in to have some water, and we kept talking. She then asked us a bit more about our church and what we do, and she was genuinely interested. We then taught the restoration to her, she was engaged, and everything went well. It was a super cool experience that was especially sweet because the positive teaching experience came after we had been working on it all day. It was the typical "last door" story, but it was true in this case! It was an awesome miracle for us!

I expanded my horizons this week. So we miscalculated how much bread we had left when we shopped last week. So we ran out part way through the week! Haha, so I took the responsibility to bake us some! So I made a loaf of bread, and let's just say it didn't turn out perfectly... but it wasn't bad! I guess you can call me chef Nelson now!

We have also been teaching a few other people, but someone that is really positive is a French foreign exchange student and the older Swedish woman she lives with. We have met with them often and it has been going really well! Last lesson the Swedish woman had her son and his family over as well, and that was really cool. The son and his family don't live in our area, but we are trying to get them in contact with the missionaries in their area. It has been a pretty good week teaching!

I think that's all the things of note for the week. Life keeps going on in Borlänge! Have a good week everyone. Keep being the good examples and the lights that you all are! It really does make a difference!


Äldste Nelson


Pic 1: A member bought us breakfast at Ikea, and it was super good!
Pic 2: Elder Waters and I!
Pic 3: It's pretty snowy still
Pic 4: My Bread!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...