Monday, February 19, 2018

Welcome to the Bro-Länge

Another week has now come and gone, but this time I'm writing you from Borlänge instead of Stockholm! Which may not sound like a big change to you, but it is definitely not the same type of city! So Borlänge is a smallish city of 52,000 people, and it took a little bit of adjustment when coming from Stockholm, a city of well over 1,000,000. But, things have been going well! Apart from the change of size, I also got a pretty bad cold when I came here, so I'm hoping that isn't some sort of warning for me! All jokes aside, I think I am really going to like it here once I get used to it. The ward is super kind and nice, it is a beautiful area (there are actually ski resorts all around, it's lame we can't go!), and the work is progressing well. It'll be interesting to see how it all goes!

This week I tried to learn as much as I could about the area, and it was cool because I learned how it it is. It is huge! I'll put a picture of a map on this email so you can see, but it definitely isn't small in geographical size!

So the work is going pretty well out here! We have an investigator who was referred by a member who we teach pretty regularly, and then several other investigators besides her. We taught an interesting lesson yesterday too. It was a lesson to an older Swedish woman and a French foreign exchange student that lives with her, and then it was all in English because it was the only language they both spoke. It felt like a pretty odd scenario to me, but it was actually a great lesson. Even though there was a little bit of a langauge barrier, we were still able to teach them about Christ and the Book of Mormon, and it was so cool to see the understanding when they grasped what the Book of Mormon actually is. It was a good experience!

Ok, I've got a quick but only kinda funny story. So on Thursday we had to go to Gävle (like 1.5 hours away) for a meeting, and we had to catch the train 8:08 in the morning. And I was feeling pretty sick that morning and so was a little behind schedule and took a little bit of a long shower. So when I was ready to leave I looked at the clock and saw it was 7:50-7:55. And the walk to the station normally takes about 20-25 minutes. So by the time we actually got out the door, it was around 7:55 and we only had 13 minutes, so we ran. And keep in mind that I was feeling pretty sick, and also that is is pretty snowy and cold. So we run the whole way there, and my throats isn't feeling so good. So we sprint the last 100 meters to get to the train, and it is 8:06. We get there just in time to see that the train time was delayed. By almost an hour! So we ran the whole way and it made my sickness feel pretty bad when we didn't even have to! But yeah, that's my story!

We'll, I think that's all I've got this week. I hope you all have a good week!


Elder Nelson


Pic 1: My new companion, Elder Waters, and I
Pic 2: It's a beautiful area (and super snowy)
Pic 3: Here is a map of our area, out of the whole country of Sweden




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...