Monday, February 12, 2018

(no subject)

My time has come, they're kicking me out of Stockholm! It is going to be so crazy to leave my birthplace (mission wise- not in actuality). But yeah, it'll definitely be an interesting change. So yeah, I am going to be transferred on Wednesday to a city called Borlänge. It is a much smaller town than Stockholm about 2 1/2 hours North and West from here. I don't know a ton about it, but it sounds like fun (and also colder and darker right now, but that's no problem for me!)

But I'm not focusing about that right now because until Wednesday I'm still in Stockholm! So yes, the work is going well. We've just been working with the people who we had before, and done some finding work too. For example, we were outside Tuesday evening for a few hours, the bad thing is that it was so cold then! Haha, by the end I definitely couldn't feel a lot of my face! But it was good, and we have been doing some good things!

We also went on splits with the district leader this week and it was pretty awesome! We saw a bunch of little miracles like some super prepared people we met and a cool service opportunity. We got to do the ol' classic service of helping an older woman carry her groceries, and that was fun! The best part was that she then said she would come to church and sounded really positive and interested. It was good!

So I'm going to tell a quick funny story. Ok, so my companion and I had to go to the doctor for a quick appointment on Thursday. The doctor spoke English with us, but she wasn't perfect by any means, but we could communicate just fine. Also, keep in mind that the Swedish word for recipe and prescription are the same word. Anyways, she tells us at the end of the appointment that if we want, we can go down to the pharmacy and pick up our "recipe". Then she proceeded to explain about the recipe and how often the medicine from the recipe should be taken. Only by the 3rd or 4th time she called it a recipe did I understand that she was referring to a prescription, and I thought it was really funny. There's my story!

Anyways, I'm excited for transfers to see how it all goes. Oh, and my companion here is Stockholm is being made district leader, so that is really cool too! Have a good week everyone!


Äldste Nelson


Pic 1-2: We were on a cool bridge near the palace
Pic 3: I found a train named Nelson!!
Pic 4: My comp and I :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...