Monday, March 5, 2018

Tjena grabbar

Well, another week has come and gone! And it has been a pretty good one! But, I will say that it has been pretty cold this last week! Haha, when I came back inside once this week I noticed that the water inside my water bottle had started to freeze! And according to our phone, it was -12 C (10 F) earlier this week and the app told us that with wind chill it felt like -19 C (-3 F)! So it's been a little chilly, but it was still good!

This week we went on exchanges, so for around 24 hours I had a different companion and was in a city called Uppsala. And it was super fun! Uppsala is a big college town and it was beautiful! It was fun to be out there with our District Leader. And there was a pretty cool thing they do in Uppsala. So every night around 10:00 a lot of the college students open their windows and scream outside their windows. So we listened, and you could hear someone yell, then once the next person heard it, they'd yell too. It was kinda like a wave across the city! It was pretty awesome to listen to (haha, and maybe participate in...)!

Another funny story this week was about how my companion and I tried to make brownies. And we already had cocoa in the apartment for brownies, so we didn't have to buy any. But when we were making the brownies and measured out the cocoa, I noticed that it was all clumpy and dryer than normal seeming. But we used it anyways because we are trusting! So we made the brownies, and ate the first one. And it was nasty! It was super bready and there was no chocolate flavor at all! Haha, I'm pretty sure that the cocoa had been there a loooong time and so has gotten stale or something. But it's sad because now we have a ton of nasty brownies!

We'll, this email has been kinda random so far. But I just wanted let you all know that there are little miracles happening everyday. It is amazing to see how we are led in little ways to help people here. I know this work is led by God and that he does care about all His children. Anyways, I hope you all have a great week! Love from Sweden!


Elder Nelson

Pic 1: Our temperature in Borlänge
Pic 2: My frozen waterbottle!
Pic 3: It's me (in a forest!)
Pic 4: A giant church in Uppsala, the biggest church in Skandinavia aparently
Pic 5: Look mom, I'm on tv!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...