Monday, March 12, 2018

Bo länge i Borlänge för länge

Ok, the week has been a pretty good one! And I was actually hoping that we might be on the way out of winter pretty soon because it started to warm up, but that wasn't the case! I'd say that it has probably snowed a good 8 inches or so in the last week! Winter certainly isn't a short season! We have had some super great experiences this week, so I'm going to hop right in!

Firstly, we had zone conference one Tuesday, and it was great! We took a train down to Stockholm and stayed there the night, then went to the conference. Our mission is becoming a technology mission, so we had a lot of training on that. We should get our devices next transfer (around 6 weeks from now) so that'll be good! It was super fun to be back where I was trained and had been so long down in Stockholm!

We have several new investigators this week, and it has been good teaching them. And other things like tracting have been pretty successful the last few days as well. For instance, in just about an hour or so of proselyting we were able to talk to a lot of people, give out a Book of Mormon, and then were inviting into another house to teach a lesson.

Sunday this week was super funny and intesting! Earlier in the week we had been at a bishopric meeting, and had sung an opening song with them, Israel Israel God is calling. Later that night I got a text asking me to give a talk on Sunday. So we showed up to church and I was ready to talk. Then a bishopric member came up and told us, around 2 minutes before church started, that we were going to sing 'Israel nu Gud dig kallar' in Sacrament meeting with them! So we ended up blessing the sacrament, my comp gave the opening prayer, then we sung with the bishopric (haha, we aren't the most talented singers it turns out!), and then I gave my talk. It felt like us missionaries were running the show!

After sacrament meeting we saw someone in the hallway we didn't recognize, and so we went up and talked to them. It turned out that they had investigated the church in a Swedish city called Umeå but then moved here a while ago. And they looked up the church here (after several months) and showed up. We were able to teach him a lesson during the second hour of church, and are now meeting with him again this week. It was a really cool miracle!

Anyways, the week had been full of awesome things. I hope that you all are able to have a great week and are able to see the hand of the Lord in your hand everyday. He really does love us and look out for all of us!


Elder Nelson


Pic 1: Livin' it up in Stockholm (at Zone Conference!)
Pic 2: Awesome fox-wolf-dog we saw!
Pic 3: It's me!
Pic 4: We found some Arabic treasure





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...