Monday, September 10, 2018

Elder Black goes home, and the same companion again!

Hello! This was my last full week with Elder Black! He takes a train down to Stockholm on Wednesday and then flies back home on Thursday. Its crazy! It truly has been a pleasure to serve with him hese last two transfers, he is an amazig missionary. But we got transfer calls, and there is some pretty unexpected news. I will be staying in Sundsvall, but my companion is going to be Elder Baggett. I was companions with Elder Baggett in Stockholm around 7 months ago. And now I'll be his companion again! It's going to be pretty interesting!

This week was a really good one though. We had some pretty amazing success this week, some of the miracles including finding and teaching a Swedish couple, having 5 investigators come to our Surströmming party, and then having a lot of our Swedish friends we've made coming to church on Sunday to hear Elder Black speak. Its been an awesome week!

We had a surströmming party! Surströmming is fermented herring in a can! And man, it smells pretty nasty. We walked into the room where we were going to eat, and it was so gross! The smell is definitely the worst though. But I ate it and survived!!

Elder Nelson's mom here: Just to add a little extra insight to this fish experience, below is a quote from the letter he sent his Dad today. There are some delightful videos on YouTube if you are interested in watching someone not used to it try to stomach surströmming.

     "It didn't smell too good though. But I didn't throw up or anything! There were a ton of people there from the ward, and most of them were eating it like it was no problem. I saw people eating like a ton of it just with their fork and stuff! I just had a suuuper small piece on a piece of this bread stuff with a bunch of other toppings and other things. It was actually edible, which was surprising after smelling the smell. That was the worst part is say. It smells way bad dad! But it was a fun party at least!" 


It's been a good week though! Life is going well, and this really is God's work. Have a good week everyone!


Elder Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...