Monday, June 4, 2018

It's already June!!! (and surprise baptism of an 8 year old)

I honestly can't believe that it is already June! Although, it certainly is bright enough to be June! The sun rises and 3:30 in the morning and sets and 10:15! It feels great (Although sleeping isn't always the easiest). Also, the lack of AC in buildings is not ideal. I have found myself just laying in my bed at night without any blankets because it is just too warm. But it's all good, and it makes me happy to be able to not freeze when I step outside! But it was an exciting week, so I'm gonna jump in!

This week we travelled down to Stockholm to have zone conference! And it was super good! It is always wonderful to travel back and be in my first area, it feels so good! And then we actually ended up staying there for a while. We travelled down on Monday night, then had the zone conference the next day. But we had to stay down there because we had to be there for something on Thursday morning, so we also spent all day on Wednesday down there with the Elders in Gubbängen. It was a good learning experience to be on exchanges with the zone leaders all day in Stockholm! I liked being able to serve back in Stockholm again!

On Saturday night we made chocolate chip cookies for our bishop because it is his birthday this upcoming week. And then out of the blue on Sunday morning we got a phone call. It was someone in the ward inviting us to be the witnesses for the baptism of their son later that day! And what made it super special was that the son hadn't wanted to be baptized even just a month ago. He was really nervous about it, so only his immediate family and a few cousins were invited to come, but then he wanted us to come too! We packed up some extra cookies, make him a card, and then went to his baptismal service after church. It was really good, and it was so awesome how happy the cookies and card made him! It was a happy surprise baptism, and it was a pleasure to be able to be there!

Besides that, the week went well! We've been doing a lot of finding, as well as some teaching. And we also were in Stockholm a lot of the week, and it was overall a great week! I hope you all have a wonderful week!



Elder Nelson


Pic 1: We're in Stockholm again!
Pic 2: Floor 9 of a building in Gubbängen's area
Pic 3: Borlänge!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...