Monday, May 28, 2018

The scary dog himself

It has been a really great week! For those of you in Sweden, happy mother's day (yesterday)! And for everyone else in the US, happy Memorial Day!!! Go America (and the mother's of Sweden!)

This week we went on splits, and I stayed in Borlänge. But something interesting happened! This was my first time having a companion who wasn't younger than me on the mission! It just felt strange to be the one expected to be not only in charge, but also actually good at Swedish! It turned out well, but felt strange!

We had a ward party this last week as well. It was a big grill and we also played some games, like kubb. Needless to say, I crushed the Swedes at their own game! It felt strange to have to go home because of our 9:00 curfew that night though. It was still very light out and the sun was still shining, so it did not feel like it was time for us to go home and be getting ready for bed! I think the sun sets officially past 10:00 now, and it is definitely noticable!

A little bit of a funny story. We went to go visit a less active member of the ward, and when we first knocked, nobody answered the door. We rang the doorbell again, but still nothing. We were pretty sure that the man was in the backyard though. From the sidewalk we glanced down their sideyard to see a large dog in their backyard, but I was pretty sure the man was back there too. I hyped myself up with the ''perfect love casteth out all fear'' scripture, and began to walk down the sideyard. The big (and scary!) dog looked up and stared directly at me, and in that moment, my fear got un-casted out. I have learned that I need to work on charity and developing love, because in that moment, I felt plenty of fear and for the sake of my own life, I got outa there as quickly as I could! I will work on my love and report how it goes next time we stop by that house!

It was a good week last week, and I've really seen miracles take place out here. Have a good week everyone!


Elder Nelson



Pic 1: Forest
Pic 2: the scary dog himself




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...