Monday, April 23, 2018

Stake Conference in Stockholm

Well, the weather has officially gotten spring-y and for the most part the sun it out. I do love that I can wear only a white shirt now! For now, the days are really long but very nice. Pretty soon, it is going to be light from the time we wake up until the time we go to sleep! But some good things happened this week, so I will get on into it!

We went on exchanges in Uppsala, and what made it so awesome was that the weather was so nice. And Uppsala is a giant university town. So we, along with thousands of other people, travelled the city with bikes! It was awesome to be around a ton of other people biking, a beautiful river, and flower lined streets.

After that, we had stake conference down in Stockholm. So we went down on Saturday, and were able to go contacting and finding in my old area for a few hours. It was a blast and brought back tons of memories! And then the stake conference itself was very good! We have a member of the 70 come from France to be with us at the conference and teach us. I don't know his name exactly, but it was a French name sounding something like Elder Calezar (something like that!). One of the best parts of the whole conference was the ability to see all the ward members from my old ward, the Stockholm ward. It was a blessing to see all the members that I knew from my old ward that I served in! We had a great time down there, and there was some good things we learned from the member of the 70.

Some other quick news is that we (the Stockholm zone) will be technology missionaries. We will all be recieving smartphones and using social media with proselyting. So that is exciting and I am looking forward to that!

Oh, and one more announcement! Sweden will be having Elder Renlund of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles come and visit this coming Sunday and Monday. On Sunday he will be stopping to all the church members in the country from Stockholm, and on Monday he will have a meeting that will be with the missionaries in Stockholm city and sent out to all the missionaries in the country. It is an amazing opportunity!!

Well, that's most of what happened this week! Have a good week everyone!

Elder Nelson

Pic 1: Tooons of bikes in Uppsala
Pic 2: Going out to bike
Pic 3: Look at that blue sky!
Pic 4: My companion and I





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...