Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Elder Renlund, Valborg, and Zone Conference!

It has been a really good and exciting week so far! I'm actually going to hop right into it!

Firstly, we had our Zone Conference this week, which may not seem overly special, but we became a technology mission as the zone conference! So we got our phones, logged into Facebook, and all that! It should be an exciting adjustment time, and we will also be moving all the records we have to the phones. That means from now on, records will only be kept online, no more area book! There were a lot of changes made very quickly, but it was an exciting time and I look forward to helping missionary work with it.

The next big event was that Elder Renlund of the Quorum of the 12 visited Sweden! On Sunday night we watched a broadcast where he spoke to all the members in Sweden. And he even did it in Swedish because he was raised here! It was a really cool experience to hear. And then on Monday (so yesterday for me) there was a meeting with him for all the missionaries in Sweden. We sadly didn't get to be there in person, but we still got to watch the 2 1/2 hour meeting from an apostle just for missionaries! It was a very special experience, and I am grateful for the chance we had to be a part of that!

Lastly, a holiday called Valborg (valborgsmässoafton actually) happened yesterday. I don't know the exact reason why they do it, but basically people make GIANT fires. It was awesome! We went with our bishop's family to look at a fire and it was so cool! I'll add some pictures, don't worry!

That was the exciting stuff for the week! I hope you all have a good upcoming week!


Elder Nelson


Pic 1-2: Valborg
Pic 3: Watching Elder Renlund
Pic 4: We got bikes!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...