Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Merry Christmas!!!

So I have basically no time to write this so I'm gonna be super fast!

This week was Christmas!! We gave out toooons of Christmas Light the World cards this week, it was out big final push. And on the 23rd we and a few other missionaries around gave out almost 500! We were working hard on it for a really long time, but we did it! We got out all of out cards and all the extra ones they had in the mission office, so I'd call that a success!

Christmas Eve and Christmas day were both awesome! We had a 1 hour Sacrament meeting that was primarily music, and that was fun! I was in the choir and we sung several songs in Swedish. If I thought it was hard to read music when singing before, I shouldn't thought about how much harder it is when you have to do that and sing the words in a foreign language! But that was really fun, and afterwards we went to a members house. We watched some traditional Swedish Christmas stuff, such as Donald Duck (not even joking, it is seriously a Christmas tradition for the whole country to watch an hour of Donald Duck on Christmas Eve, it was a little weird but also fun!). And we spend the whole day at several member's homes. Then on Christmas day we had a big American Christmas breakfast with several other missionaries from around, and we ate pancakes, bacon, and fruit. It was really good! We also had permission to watch 'Frozen' in Swedish, and that was super cool as well! It was funny to watch in Swedish!! We opened some presents, then went to member's homes for the rest of Christmas. Oh, and I got to skype my family which was awesome!! It was a wonderful Christmas (even though it rained on Christmas day. I'm not even kidding, no snow!!)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!! Be safe this week and have a good New Year!!

Elder Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...