Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Nästan Jul!

Hello everyone! This week has been pretty awesome out here! A lot happened this week, so I'm just going to get started!

We've been working really hard at getting out cards for 'EttLjusFörVärlden' cards out. And it's been a lot of fun! We've been making little bags of brownies and gingerbread with a card on it and then giving it out on a super busy street. And it's been super fun! We've given out about 200 bags or so, and it is basically just a party! We'll see how it pans out, but for now we've gotten a lot of bags and cards out, so it feels like a success!

Santa Lucia was this week too! It is basically this choir concert thing in big churches where they are all dressed in white and have candles. It is actually kind of weird at first, but it was seriously so cool! We got to go to one is a really old church building and the singing was really good! I think we took a video, so I'll try to send that too.

This week we had zone conference, and it was an awesome Christmas themed one! There were a ton of music numbers and we did some of our mission president's Christmas traditions. One of those included watching 'It's a Wonderful Life' and that made me so happy! I've seen that movie almost every year for the past couple of years and it made me kind of sad that we wouldn't get to see it this year, but then we got to watch it in zone conference! It was so cool! The whole zone conference got me in the Christmas feeling, and getting a Christmas package from home helped too (thanks mom!)

I'm pretty pressed on time today, but things are going really well here. We've had a good week and I'm excited for the week ahead. I hope that everyone has a joyful and safe Christmas! Merry Christmas!!

Äldste Nelson

Pic 1-3: Us passing out cards and treats
Pic 4: Santa Lucia!
Video: Santa Lucia also!​





Elder Nelson's Mom here: We're having trouble accessing the video.  I'll update the post if we can get it working.  And, once again, this letter was actually sent on 12/18/17.  The same nameless someone didn't get it posted on the correct day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...