Monday, January 1, 2018

God Jul och God Nytt År!!!

Happy New Years everybody! This was a really good week for us and hopefully for all of you! I hope that all of you had an awesome Christmas and New Year!

This week was really interesting, but I'm going to cover that a little later. But for us New Years was super fun! We went to a member family in the ward and had a party with them! We watched a disney movie (with Mission President's permission!), played a lot of games, ate a ton of food, and then watched fireworks! We also got permission to stay up with them until midnight and see all the fireworks get shot off, and it was awesome!! It was like once it hit midnight everyone started shooting them off all around, and it was so cool! There were people doing it right next to the house we were at and it was amazing! Definitely a fun New Years Eve!

This week we had a challenge from the Mission President for all the missionaries to read the Book of Mormon from start until finish. The time between Christmas and New Years isn't a very effective time to proselyte, so he gave us extra time to do that each day. And it had been such a good experience! I am now almost finished with it, and will finish it today. Only around 40 pages or so left! It has been really interesting to see how everything connects together, how the knowledge and everything have progressed over time, and how much it truly testifies of Christ. It has been a really special testimony-building experience!

We got transfer calls this week and it's gonna be weird! My trainer is leaving me here in stockholm and heading off to Malmö (it's down south near Denmark). So I am getting a new companion and I am going to have to know everything about Stockholm by myself now! A new sister area is being opened here also, so there will be 6 missionaries in the Stockholm area, 4 sisters and 2 elders. And I'm going to be the person who's been in Stockholm the longest, and that's pretty scary to consider! But it will be good and I'm excited to have a new companion and see what everything is going to be like!

Good luck with the start of the New Year!


Äldste Nelson


Pic 1: Me and my companion!
Pic 2: My district!!
Pic 3: adequately explained by the picture




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...