Monday, May 20, 2019

I'm sticking around in Helsingborg (Elder Merrell is going to Skellefteå)

The end of another transfer has come again. Time seems to be flying as this beautiful corner of Southern Sweden warms up and is getting sunnier and sunnier (the sun rises at 4:47am and sets at 9:23pm). But here are some things about the week!

Well, the time has finally come. I've now finished training Elder Merrell. It's crazy and pretty sad how quickly the time has gone. But it certainly was a pleasure and I loved the opportunity to be with him for two transfers here in Helsingborg! He will be flying out of the nest and actually hopping on a plane all the way up to Skellefteå! That is the 2nd furthest North area in the mission, it's waaay up there! I'm excited for him! And then as my new companion I'll actually be with an Elder named Elder Norin who is from Sweden! I've heard he is awesome and I'm looking forward to being with him!

The current ward I'm in is called the Helsingborg ward and it is a part of the Malmö Stake. There is another unit in the stake in a city called Kristianstad that is a branch though. It is (well, was) one of the oldest branches in the church. The first branch there was organized 1854! And then yesterday it was organized to be a ward because it fulfilled the requirements to do so now. It was really cool to be a part of because we watched a broadcast if it taking place at our church. So congratulations to Kristianstad's ward!

It really has been a great last week though. I've loved looking back and seeing the hand of the Lord thus far in my time here. Life is good and is carrying exciting things to come!


Elder Nelson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...