Monday, March 11, 2019

Fettisdagen, pastries, and tons of asian food

It has been a week full of delicious food and honestly tons of really good things within the work. It was also a really rainy week, but luckily has become a sunny one today! Here's how the week went though.

We were finally let into the home of someone we knocked into a while ago, and their house was pretty amazing! It was built 1924, has some grounds and a gate, and the inside was beautiful! The man was really kind and we were able to teach him about the restoration. We hope to be going back soon!

On Tuesday it was fettisdagen, which is a Swedish holiday celebrated by eating a pastry called a semla. They were pretty amazing, and because of some surprise semlor at ward council, we actually ended up being given 2 of them that day! No complaints here!

It was very very windy and got pretty rainy last week, and while we were tracting in an area along the ocean, we went out on a dock and I was convinced I was going to get blown away! But the weather turned out to be for our benefit because a Swedish couple ended up inviting us in because of how windy and rainy it was. We were able to get to know then, and then share the message of the Restoration with them and invite them to keep learning more. The coolest part about it was that they had seen the Book of Mormon musical in Stockholm, and it turns out that they were they when I was serving in Stockholm and was able to give out copies of the Book of Mormon after the showings. It was a super neat coincidence.

Life is just great for us out here. I am loving it and really feel grateful for the chance I have to be here, to experience what I am experiencing, and to help those around me. It is amazing to be a missionary!


Elder Nelson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...