Monday, February 18, 2019

Happy birthday Elder Ahonen!

It has been a great week!
It feels as though spring has come early down South in Sweden. On Saturday we hit 10 degrees celsius (50 F) and it was sunny and beautiful. It felt so good! I'm hoping that spring has come in to stay and that it keeps getting better. But besides the weather, the week was a good one.

My companion, Elder Ahonen, had a birthday this week! It turned out to be a really good day! We did some service at the Red Cross and then bought pizza, followed by some semlor (imagine a roll cut in half with creme in the middle and powdered sugar on top) and they were amazing!! And then at the end of the night, we had dinner at a member's home and they made us some amazing steak as well as cake. And I blew up a bunch of birthday balloons to top it all off! Happy birthday Elder Ahonen!

We were also able to go on splits with the Elders in Malmö this last week and it went really well. I went with Elder Jarman, an Elder who was in my same MTC group. We had a really good time and it was super fun to be able to catch up and remember good memories.

We have been able to see the hand of the Lord often in the work this last week. A moment that touched me a lot was yesterday as we visited an older woman who cannot come to church with another couple from the ward. We talked, had a few snacks, and then we gave her the sacrament. Following that, we had a little lesson together. Her eyesight is too bad to be able to read, so we spend a while just reading from John 1 in the New Testament. The message itself wasn't incredible, but I could see how appreciative she was. The power that came from reading the word of God was something she has missed, and the spirit it brought made a big difference to her. There is a power in the scriptures and learning about Christ. I love the simple truths and power that is available to us.

Have a good week everyone!


Elder Nelson





Elder Nelson's Mom here: We were excited to hear that missionaries can now video chat or call home each week. We did have a great chat this morning and look forward to more. I think the plan is to continue with weekly emails still.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...