Monday, January 14, 2019

Well, I'm moving again


It's been an exciting week with some interesting news. I found out that I'll be moving to a city called Helsingborg on Wednesday! It definitely was a pretty big surprise and I was not expecting the move. It makes me really sad to leave Västra Frölunda and Göteborg in general! It's been awesome here! But I'm sure things will be good down there as well. I'll actually be with a Finnish companion, an Elder from my group named Elder Ahonen. It'll be exciting to see how it goes!

The week has been good though! Because if Christmas and New Years, the time available to go on splits had been cut down, so we had to cram two of them in last week. Both were good though! I was here for one of them and in Kungsbacka for the other. The one in Kungsbacka turned out really well! We were biking full speed from lessons or meals with less actives and people being taught all day and it felt good! Then the highlight was probably the very end of the night when a less active member took us out grilling for our dinner! It was way fun and a really good day! Then later in the week we had another member take us out to a Turkish grill restaurant as well. The food has been tasty this week!

Things have been going well with our people here. We've had several more people whose doors we'd knocked on let us come back, teach them, and set up return appointments to teach them. So the teaching has been improving and the people progressing has gone up significantly with the new year! The two most progressing people right now are a 20 year old man named Axel and then a 50 or so man named Tom. Things are looking up though!

It is sad to be leaving this area so quickly and to have to say goodbye to so many amazing people. A line from a hymn comes to mind:
"What greater gift doth thou bestow,
What greater goodness can we know
Than Christlike friends, whose gentle ways
Strengthen our faith, enrich our days."
(Each Life That Touches Ours for Good, 293)
I'm so grateful for the people I've been able to meet, spend time with, and get to becomes friends with here in Göteborg! Let's see what other kinds of adventures the Lord has in store in Helsingborg!

Have a great week!


Elder Nelson



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...