Monday, December 10, 2018

Happy December *turns up the christmas music*


Steven Nelson
Attachments
2:45 AM (20 hours ago)
to bcc: me

I hope that everyone has had a great December so far! Keep up the good ''Light the World'' work out there! We received transfer calls last week and I'll be staying, but my companion moved all the way up to Boden, the furthest north mission area in Sweden. It's going to be chilly up there! I got a new companion whose name is Elder Moss and units been really good so far! He's one transfer older than me in the mission and is a great guy and we've been working hard!

It's warmed up a bit since a week and a half ago which has felt nice. It was well below 0 C then but now its back up some. But a small lake near our apartment froze and we noticed after it had warmed up again and it has started to melt. So of course my companion (back with Elder Cummings) felt the need to stand on it! And it luckily didn't break but it didn't seem to far off! I was able to snag a picture of him on the melty ice which was cool!

Several weeks back I mentioned a crazy coincidence when we met someone who had been on a foreign exchange in Colorado a looong time ago. Well, we've kept some contact with them and were able to have dinner with them last week! It was awesome. We got to know them a lot better, had a fun time, and were able to teach about the church and Jesus Christ as well. It was so good! And they said they'd try to come to the Christmas party which we had on Saturday and they did come for a little while! It's been good so far and I'm excited for how it'll keep going!

That leads me to the Christmas party though! It was suuuper good! We set up tons of decorations and lights everywhere and it was beautiful! We had the classic Swedish "Julbord" which is the normal food eaten at Christmas and did other traditions as well such as singing and dancing around the Christmas tree. Overall it was a lot of fun and a success!

Ok, well have a great week! Make sure to keep up with the Light the World initiative! As Christ says while visiting the Nephites:
''Therefore let your lights so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is is heaven.''
So go out there and be a light! Because really when it comes down to it, that's what the gospel is!



Elder Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...