Monday, November 26, 2018

Makeup and Thanksgiving

It's been a good week! We've had a lot of good and fun things going on, like Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving! This week the cold has started coming in a lot more, and we've been having days with highs of just around 0 C. It's getting chilly now! I'll get into the week though.

We had zone conference this last week, and it went well like always! We sleep in one of the two elder apartments in Gothenberg itself, so we had a lot of Elders staying over for zone conference on Monday night. It was fun having 8 or so Elders with us, and it was fun to see some people from my MTC group I hadn't seen in a long time.

On Wednesday we had been invited to an activity with the sisters by someone they were teaching. We were told it would be face masks or something along those lines, so I was expecting a nice relaxing spa feel. But no! We arrived and I looked at the table, and all I saw was makeup, and I just though 'uh oh'. So yeah, to not offend someone the sisters were teaching, we put on make up! Although I looked beautiful with foundation on, I think it was the first and last time for me!!

This last Thursday was Thanksgiving! We made a pumpkin pie that day and it was delicious. We had dinner with a member that night, and although it wasn't turkey, it tasted great in any case! We took the pie with us and had it for dessert, and the members seemed to enjoy it even though it is a little different than normal Swedish dessert. It was a good day!

We had the primary program here on Sunday and it was amazing! Not only was the music touching and the kids adorable, but there were some powerful testimonies and stories shared by the kids. I'd never heard such real spiritual experiences shared by Primary children as I did then. It really strengthened my testimony that God is helping and preparing the upcoming generation for the challenges that will be faced. It is true when it says in the Book of Mormon that in the last days:
'And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.'
As we come to Christ, we can be blessed with the power and strength of God to be able to survive and fulfill God's purposes in our time. Power comes as we choose to follow Christ.

Have a fantastic week!



Elder Nelson 

Pic 1: Pumpkin Pie!
Pic 2: A member had these in there apartment and it reminded me of home
Pic 3: Check out that makeup!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...