Monday, July 23, 2018

WIldfires and waterfights

It has been a hot week! We've now not had rain for several weeks, and it's been all sun and super humid! People are saying it's the hottest it's been here in as long as they can remember. And the dryness has not been good for Sweden either! From what I've been told by ward members and others, there are at least 40 wildfires in Sweden right now, and it's a big problem. Help has come in from Poland, Italy, and Norway at least (someone told me that some help was sent from Canada, but I don't know if that's true). So when it finally rained a bit on Saturday and Sunday, it was very welcomed! But it looks like we're back to the hot humid sun for the rest of the week ahead. I can't say I expected it to me in the 80's and so humid when I got called to Sweden!

But besides soaking in the sun, the week has been a good one! Many people have still been on vacations, so the teaching has slowed down for the moment, so that has left us a lot of good time to find! Some good things have been happening though, including being able to teach a Swedish family about Familjen ett tillkännagivande för världen (the family a proclamation to the world). They loved it, and we have since been able to come back and teach them more! There have been many other miracles happening as well.

We also helped to organize an activity with the youth and it was water war/competition thing. We got everything all ready for them and my companion and I were planning on changing into other clothes so that our nicer clothes (white shirts and ties) didn't get ruined. But right as it was starting, one thing led to another and I'd been hit with a water balloon! So the need to change cloths was eliminated and my the end of the evening my white shirt, tie, and pants were soaked. So that was fun!

Things besides that are going well, nothing too crazy happened though. Have a fantastic week everyone!


Elder Nelson


Pic 1: View from a members roof after service
Pic 2: Pretty much the first sunset-like thing I've seen in a few months!
Pic 3: If you imagine the fence isn't there, its a beautiful view




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...