Monday, July 16, 2018

Umeå workovers and zone conference

It's been quite the busy week! A warm week as well! I'm not sure the temperatures exactly, but having sunlight from waking up until bedtime certainly does keep things kinda warm! But besides that, some really good things have happened this week!

We got to go on exchanges and then have a zone conference in Umeå. It is a city around 3 hours north of us by train ride. It was a beautiful city and was fun to be with the zone leaders up there, and to see some friends of mine at the zone conference. All the missionaries here are amazing people! I'm in the Norrland zone, and it covers from Sundsvall all the way up to the top of the country in the arctic circle. We also are the smallest zone, with only 5 areas and 16 total missionaries. So it was a smaller zone conference, but inspiring nonetheless. Our mission president and his wife are just spiritual, inspired, and guided people, it is a pleasure to hear from them. Umeå and my time there was really good, I learned a lot, and it was a beautiful city!

We got the chance to do some service on Saturday, and we helped a family in our ward move. Their home's area was amazing though! Ill have to send a picture because it was gorgeous up there!

I've been able to understand and appreciate the sacrament and the importance of it more as I've been on a mission. But recently I have really been feeling the strength that comes from trying to focus on the Savior and renewing our covenants each Sunday. What a wonderful chance it is to start again, refocus our thoughts on the Savior, and recieve strength for the coming week. As we sung the sacrament hymn yesterday, it really hit me just how important it really it! I know as we focus on the Savior and try to live up to our covenants, that we can recieve strength and the Sabbath really can be a delight!

Well, it has been a good week and we have seen a lot of miracles taking place. The church is true! I hope you all have a wonderful week!


Äldste Nelson



Pics: Me at a lake, the ocean, and part of the property near the house we helped move




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...