Monday, November 6, 2017

He got baptized!

Hello everyone! It's been a pretty good week here in Sweden. The exciting thing is that the investigator we have been working with got baptized on Saturday! And it was really awesome. He is from El Salvador and has been living in Sweden for several years. He also speaks Spanish and Swedish which is cool. He had began being taught about a month ago and progressed really fast and is just a solid dude.

My companion actually did the baptism and he spent a long time learning to say it is Spanish, so that is what the actual baptism was done in. It sounded awesome and I think was more meaningful to Brandon (the person who was baptised) that way. I gave a talk at his baptism (yeah, my second one this week!) and that went ok. It certainly does not get less scary to give a talk in Swedish on your second try! But everything for the baptism went smoothly and we were able to get a lot of people to show up which was really good.

Brandon's confirmation then took place in church on Sunday and it was done by a member in our ward who has become friends with Brandon and spokes Spanish also. So his confirmation was done in Spanish too. It was a really cool experience even though I couldn't really understand anything he said. Haha, but that's not super uncommon for me right now!

Another awesome thing that took place this week was that we had my first Zone Conference. And it was really fun and I was able to learn a lot. It was especially good to see the other people in my zone that came out with me to Sweden and were in the MTC with me. I didn't think it would be that awesome to see them again but it was! In zone conference we learned a lot of stuff and how to better communicate and converse with Swedes, but we also had some interesting news. We are going to be made a technology mission! I think that's going to be really helpful and improve how things go here.

It's been a really good week here. I have loved watching Brandon progress and to see his testimony and faith grow. He bore his testimony after his baptism and it was just great. I felt so happy for him when he was baptized and I believe the Lord did also. I hope everyone has a good week!


Äldste Nelson


Pic 1-3: My companion, our investigator, and myself
Pic 4: All the Stockholm area missionaries (Elders and Sisters)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...