Monday, November 13, 2017

(no subject)

Hello all! So actually not that much happened this week, it was just a normal week. But there were a couple things of note so I'll talk about those!

We officially have started to teach Brandon (the guy who was baptized) the post-baptism lessons! And they've actually been really fun! The first one we did was the restoration, and we changed the teaching up a little bit. We did a roleplay-like thing where Brandon and my companion acted like the missionaries and they taught me (a fake investigator in this senario) the first lesson. It was really cool because we could see his depth of understanding and also it was a blessing to be able to hear his testimony. It worked out really well and I feel like it was a success! Things are going well, and we hope to go to the temple with him in around 2 weeks or so!

Christmas is coming up pretty soon! And the stores here seem to know it. There are a ton of lights being put up near T Central (The big central train station) and it looks beautiful! You really get to appreciate them with how early the sun goes down! In anticipation to Christmas me and my companion have started listening to Christmas music that he has (hooray MoTab and Vocal Point). But we also have a lot of Christmas hymns that are in Swedish to listen to, so that's adds a bit of variety to our music choices. A bit of a side note here, we actually haven't had much snow or anything yet. But it's now been around 2 degrees Celcius during the day for the last day or two. So I'm expecting it to snow pretty soon! It'll be exciting!

Things weren't really that exciting or different this week! We went to the Book of Mormon Musical a few times and handed out books, which was fun and exciting like usual. But besides that we did a lot of contacting on the street (hoooray!). It is really slow work sometimes, but it is awesome to see the miracles that sometimes take place. For instance, I stopped someone on the street and began to talk with them. I found out that they had a really strong faith in Christ so I began to give a really quick overview about the Restoration. He had to leave to catch a train, but he gave me his phone number and I left him with a Restoration pamphlet. Then a few days later we called him and he sounded like he really enjoyed the pamphlet and that he had read through it. We met with him once and it went well. We had to refer him to other missionaries that were nearby because he doesn't actually live in Stockholm, but they recently told us that they started meeting with him and that things are still progressing quickly with him. It was a cool experience to be able to help someone learn about the truths that I believe and that our contacting led to some success!

Anyways, I think that's all for this week. I hope things will go well for you all this coming week!


Äldste Nelson


Pic 1: Me on Drottninggatan, the high pedestrian shopping street in Stockholm
Pic 2-3: The water and pier right down the street from our apartment





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...