Monday, February 4, 2019

Mission tour!

Good day everyone!

It has been a really great week that honestly has flown by! One of the reasons the time may seem to be going so fast is because it feels like Spring has already come here in Skåne. We have no snow, some of the grass is green, and the sun keeps making appearances. We'll have to see if winter comes back around and surprises me! But here's how the week was!

We went back to Göteborg this week for a combined zone conference! It was both the Malmö and Göteborg zones together, making up the South and some of the West parts of Sweden. It was good to be back in my old area, see people I knew, and just to see all the missionaries! We had Elder De Feo from the Area 70 presidency there and it was fantastic!

Another highlight was that we were able to go back to another one of the people mentioned last week, have a really great lesson about faith with him, and arrange a time for another lesson. It went really well!

We were also taken to breakfast by the non-member mother (her name is Ewa, pronounced Eva) of a member who was baptized here a few years ago and lives in Utah now. She was super nice and we'll wait and see how things keep progressing with her.

The real highlight of the week definitely had to be a powerful experience we had on Saturday. We were out in a neighborhood going by some people who had previously shown interest in learning more about the Gospel last summer but had not been returned to by missionaries then and one record caught our eye. It was a Finnish man who had been met and given a Book of Mormon but that was all. We knocked on his door, and my companion (from Finland🇫🇮) took it all in Finnish. Although I understood next to nothing (I was able to guess what he was saying when he turned to me and asked if I spoke Finnish in Finnish) I was able to feel a strong spiritual feeling as my companion was able to read from and testify about the Book of Mormon to this man on his doorstep. It was so powerful and the spirit there transcended the language being spoken. It was one of those moments that I don't thing I will forget. The Book of Mormon and an honest testimony invite the spirit in a way not much else can.

Have a great week everyone!


Elder Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...