Monday, August 6, 2018

August and... maggots?

Happy August everyone!

These last few days we've finally been able to have the weather cool down, and it feels so good! But sadly I don't have much time today, so it'll be a short email. But yeah, here we go!

After transfers this last week, we now have 5 missionaries instead of 4. One sister left, and then 2 new ones came in. There is one super crazy thing though! Two of the sisters have almost the same name as me! In the Sundsvall branch, we now have missionaries that are Sister Nilsson, Sister Nielsen, and Elder Nelson. Talk about confusing!!

Ok, I'm going to get into the bigger news of stuff that happened this week. So me and my companion were at the church and we get a call from the senior couple in charge of apartments for the missionaries. Pretty much, here's what happened. There used to be 2 sets of elders in Sundsvall, but one of them left recently, so the apartment is being returned and not used any more. So we've cleaned a lot of it out. But we haven't cleaned out the freezer all the way. So a little more than a week ago there was a power outage, and the freezer never turned back on afterwards. Pretty much, when the apartment couple went into the apartment, there were a ton of nasty flies and maggots and stuff! It was waaaay gross!

Sadly, that's about all the time I've got! We've seen lots of miracles this week, and the church is true. Have a good week!


Elder Nelson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...