Monday, January 29, 2018

I Broke a Window

Hej allihopa! Jag hoppas allt är bra med er! Life and the work have been going out here in Stockholm! And while it is still super dark a lot of the time, it has been getting a little brighter and for the time being, it has warmed up a bit. Which has felt nice, but I have the feeling that winter is not done with me yet! We'll see what the future has in store, but for now I'll tell ya about the past week!

Firstly, I had something cool happen that is hopefully a good sign for my Swedish! A little background is that I typically don't dream very often. But this week I had a dream, and what was special about it was that it was in Swedish (well, partially in Swedish)! But it was really cool and hopefully that is a good sign for my language skills!

I've got some exciting news! I broke my first window in my life this week! So firstly, it is important to know that my companion plays rugby, and is really good (fun fact, he's going to play at West Point when he goes home). And in some free time a night we had this week he got out his rugby ball and passed it to me. I passed it back. Then he passed it to me a lot harder, so I threw it back hard too. It completely missed him, hitting the window. Which proceeded to shatter, glass falling everywhere. It was terrifying! And long story short, we called our landlord, he came and took the window the next day, and it was fixed really quickly. I certainly felt embarrassed and pretty dumb! But I learned a lesson which my mom has tried to teach me for a looong time, "No throwing balls inside the house"!

We had the primary program in church yesterday, and it was so cute! And they did a really good job! It's fun because I know all the kids and their families, so the program was even better. The program was a weird mix of Swedish and English because there are some American kids that only speak English. But everything worked out well! And we got to help out in primary after, so that was super fun too!

We had a kinda cool story with an investigator this week. So we found and have been teaching a Swedish guy, and it has gone well. In our last lesson we finished teaching the Restoration and gave him a Book of Mormon, and we asked him to read a specific chapter from it. Then yesterday on the train, the sisters from our area saw him on the train and talked to him. And what he told them is the cool part! He said that he had read more than 10 chapters from the Book of Mormon already, and he still sounds super positive! So that was a cool little thing that happened this week!

Anyways, the week has been good, and the work is going well. Have a good week everyone!



Äldste Nelson



Pic 1: My broken window
Pic 2: It's my kompis and I!
Pic 3: haha, what our window looked like when it was being fixed
Pic 4: Yeah, its us again :D





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...