Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Summer is really starting with Midsommer this week

With Summer really setting in things are going well! In face, most things are really good besides the pollen in the air which seems intent on waging war with me and my allergies! Here's how the week was!

On Tuesday we had a YSA and Young men/young woman activity playing mini golf by the beach. So that was really fun and then we had some special visitors, a previous Elder in the mission named Elder Berlin and his family came on vacation and were there playing with us. Elder Berlin was my AP when I was a relatively new missionary so it was cool to see him! And although I didn't win at mini golf, we all had a good time together!

It's been an interesting experimental week with food. Firstly we made an apple pie because we were given a ton of apples (the pie turned out way well). Then we ended up spontaneously making butter! I'd always been told that I shouldn't whip cream too long or else it would become butter, but while using cream to make something else we decided to give it a shot. And it turned out well and tasted good! It's like normal butter haha! The last thing we made was called Flygande Jacob (flying jacob). It was interesting. Imagine chicken with bananas on top covered in cream mixed with chill sauce. And then bacon and peanuts on top. Sounds way nasty, I know! But apparently it is some kind of Swedish dish (not super common, but I've met several people who'd heard of it). Haha, I wasn't exactly the biggest fan but at least I can say I tried it!

I also went on exchanges this week with Elder Cummings, a previous companion of mine. He goes home in around 2 weeks and it was really strange to be with him one last time before he goes home. It's weird that some things come to an end.

I don't have much time, but I do want to just say that I'm grateful for this time I have to be a missionary and try to help the work of the Lord go forward. Things are going well and I'm enjoying everything out here!

Have a great week!

Elder Nelson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...