Monday, June 25, 2018

Sundsvall and Midsommar!

It has been a busy week! Basically, this week has included me packing up all my stuff, saying goodbye/meeting as many members and investigators as I could, moving to Sundsvall, celebrating the Swedish holiday of Midsommar, and speaking in church! But I survived! It was really sad to leave Borlänge and the ward there, and there is a lot i am going to miss from there. But so far I have enjoyed Sundsvall as well. It is beautiful here! The city is surrounding the bay from the ocean, and it is awe-inspiring to see! I'll make sure to send some cool pictures!

I also got a new companion when I moved here, his name is Elder Black. He is from Bountiful in Utah and has been out on a mission for a whole! He only has two transfers (3 months) left on his mission, so it is likely that I'll be the last companion he'll have. He is a cool guy, and like before, I'll make sure to throw a picture of us on the email.

The holiday of Midsommar was suuuper fun! They actually celebrate on Midsommar-eve, so the day before. But we did the classical stuff, such as decorating a giant Midsommar pole with flowers, holding hands and dancing/singing around the Midsommar pole, and then making flower crowns! It was super fun! We went to a big city party at a place called Norraberget and then had a small celebration with the ward our by a lake at a members summer house. It was a really good day with the members and the other missionaries!

On Sunday we got to go to church! The church here is actually a branch, but it has a good amount of members that come each week (I was told it is around 100). I gave a small little introduction and testimony, then Elder Black gave a full talk. After that we got to teach Gospel Principles and then help out with a primary lesson. The branch is awesome, and I am excited to be here with them all!

OK, I could probably talk a little bit more about everything, but I think that was a good overview of the week! I hope you all have a great week as well!



Elder Nelson


Pic 1: Our Area
Pic 2: Midsommar Pole





Some other pictures

Where did I get my fashion sense! 


 Also, my craft skills came in useful for my flower crown! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...