Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter and General Conference!

We were blessed with both General Conference and Easter this week! It has been a beautiful sunny week, and it is now officially April! What a great week! The week has been pretty good for us out here, so I think I'll get right into it.

We got a ward mission leader this week! We haven't had one for a long time in this area, so we have been occasionally meeting with a member of the bishopric. But now we've got one! So that's exciting and I'm looking forward to working with him!

On Thursday we were in a city for Gävle for district meeting. Because of how far away we live from other missionaries, we only get to have our weekly district meeting in person one time per 6 weeks. Other than that we use Skype instead. So it was super fun to get to be there in person and see another city (Gävle is super pretty and close to the ocean).

Because it was Easter we went down had a påskafton (Easter-eve) dinner with the bishop. It was super fun! We had good food and played games and had a good time in general! And after that we went to General Conference at the church building. And luckily they had it playing in English in a side room, so that was super nice.

Generally, missionaries here have a bit of a tradition of buying a lot of candy for General Conference, and I couldn't let that tradition slip by me! So my companion and I bought a lot of candy! It was super fun, but I felt a little sick by the end of Saturday and Sunday!

General Conference was wonderful though. If you haven't had the opportunity to watch it, I would strongly recommend doing so. It was a very powerful conference with the new prophet, Russel M Nelson. I felt authority and power in his words as he spoke on Sunday morning, and it confirmed to me that he really is the man called of God to lead His church. It strengthened my testimony, and I know it can do the same for each of you if you study the prophets words and prayerfully consider what he's said.

I wish you all a great week!


Elder Nelson


Pic 1: So the sign says, 'bikes banned'
Pic 2: It be April already, but outside doesn't totally agree
Pic 3: Easter Dinner
Pic 4: Moose crossing
Pic 5: How we watched conference





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...