Monday, November 27, 2017

(no subject)

It was a pretty jammin' week! Lots of good things happened this week so we were kept pretty busy! I'll just jump straight into it!

It started off pretty awesome! We on Tuesday woke up to it snowing a ton! So we got all our winter gear on and headed off into it! It was really fun to be in the snow, but being in the city means that the snow gets packed down and pretty slippery really quick! I haven't fallen yet but I don't think that that'll last too long. Having everything look so snowy and with some lights getting put up has been really cool and has gotten me excited for Christmas. But sadly the snow already melted! I expect it to come back soon and I really love how 'Christmasy' it makes everything look.

But before we really get into Christmas I have to talk about Thanksgiving. Our district of 8 all had Thanksgiving together, and we had a senior couple come that was kind enough to make us the food! So we had real turkey! And then also mashed potatoes and stuffing and all the other stuff! So that was tons of fun and was a good reminder of home and the holiday. It was awesome!

Well, I this point I'm realizing that most of the stuff this week was pretty typical, so I don't have a ton of stuff to talk about. But there was a really cool thing that happened to us this week. We were at the Book of Mormon musical passing out books and talking to people like normal. Like was typical we passed out a ton of books and had several good conversations with people. But then as we were about to return home for the evening at about 11:00 at night (we have special permission to stay out late for it), we were approached by a person. She started asking us questions and was really interested in our message and our church. She said she had seen the musical before and had several questions about us. And then she asked us if she could meet with us and we said, 'definitely'! It was really cool to find someone so interested who sought us out, and it reminded me that the Lord does prepare people for us to meet.

Well, I best be going. But I do know that the Lord is looking out for all of us and that he puts people in our path that we can help. We should always be looking out for the chance to be an example and to let our light shine. Oh, and everyone should do the Light the World initiative!!!

Have a fantastic week,
Äldste Nelson

Pic 1-2: The view outside our apartment and of the church near our apartment
Pic 3-4: The snow at the park in Karlaplan (where we live)
Pic 5: Our Thanksgiving (sorry, it's the only picture I have!)
Pic 6: Some cool moose light things. Fun fact, those moose lights are like 20 feet tall (haha, I walked under one of them!)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Final letter - Home on Thursday

The time has finally come and I'm writing my last weekly email as a missionary. Where has all the time gone? On Tuesday I'll take a ...